Training for Drug and Alcohol Collection
Become a qualified drug and alcohol tester
Testing your own employees can be perceived as a conflict of interest, but for many businesses, it is simply the most practical solution.
Safework Laboratories offers an 8 hour course that provides participants with a nationally recognised qualification as an Alcohol & Other Drugs Collections tester. An ideal course for those who conduct any form of workplace testing – or anyone wanting to have a higher level of understanding of the process and formalities of drug and alcohol testing.
Register now for our ASQA Nationally recognised training. This course is quality assured through a partnership agreement with Parasol, EMT RTO# 2551.
The course covers :
- Organisational guidelines for alcohol and other drug screening to current Australian Standards
- Planning for alcohol and other drug screening in the workplace (urine and oral fluid testing)
- Communicating with employees on alcohol and other drug screening requirements
- Undertaking random alcohol and other drug screening (onsite and/or laboratory based)
- Reasonable cause for alcohol and other drug screening
- Post-incident alcohol and other drug screening
- Chain of custody requirements for alcohol and other drug screening
- Documenting and record keeping of testing and testing outcomes
The course includes certified urine and breath alcohol screening devices and preferred oral fluid devices. However, the course can be tailored to include your organisation’s devices and corresponding standard operating procedures.
Upon finishing the drug and alcohol tester course, you will be awarded the following:
- Course notes and reference material on alcohol and other drugs testing
- A4 Display Certificate
- Verbal questioning/answering
- Progressive practical assessment
- Multiple choice questionnaires
- It is preferable that the participants are working in a Drug and Alcohol Screening environment to have a practical context to the training.
- Participants must be at least 18 years of age
- Successful participants will receive a Statement of Attainment which is not only a certificate that is recognised Australia wide, it is a building block for safe work practices and zero-harm champions throughout your site(s).
An annual refresher of our drug and alcohol tester training is recommended to maintain current competencies.
If you want to learn more about our Alcohol and Other Drugs Tester course:
Talk to us today on