Drug and Alcohol Testing Training Course – HLTPAT005
Become a qualified drug and alcohol tester
HLTPAT005 – Collect specimens for drugs of abuse testing
Testing your own employees can be perceived as a conflict of interest, but for many businesses, it is simply the most practical solution.
Safework Laboratories offers an 8 hour course that provides participants with a nationally recognised qualification as an Alcohol & Other Drugs Collections tester. An ideal course for those wanting a career change, or anyone wanting to renew their qualifications in compliance to the current Australian / New Zealand standards for drug and alcohol testing.
Register now for our ASQA Nationally recognised training. We quality assure our training courses through a partnership agreement with Healthcorp, RTO # 91222.
Our HLTPAT005 training course covers the following elements :
- Organisational guidelines for alcohol and other drug screening to current Australian / New Zealand Standards
- Planning for alcohol and other drug screening in the workplace (urine and oral fluid testing)
- Duty of care – WHS
- Communicating with employees on alcohol and other drug screening requirements
- Undertaking random alcohol and other drug screening (onsite and/or laboratory based)
- Reasons to test in the workplace (random, blanket, pre-employment, reasonable suspicion / for cause, post incident testing
- Chain of Custody requirements for alcohol and other drug screening
- Documenting and record keeping of testing and testing outcomes
- Assessment process and guidelines
The course includes certified urine and breath alcohol screening devices and preferred oral fluid devices. However, we can also tailor the course to include your organisation’s devices and corresponding standard operating procedures.
Upon finishing the drug and alcohol tester course, you will be awarded the following:
- Student learner guide/reference material on alcohol and other drug testing
- Statement of Attainment
- Verbal questioning/answering
- Observed practical assessments / breath alcohol, oral fluid, urine testing & collection
- Theory assessment
- Participants must be at least 18 years of age
Statement of Attainment
- Successful participants will receive a Statement of Attainment which is not only a certificate that is recognised Australia wide, but an extremely valuable qualification to obtain.
We recommend taking part in annual refresher courses on drug and alcohol tester training to help maintain your current competencies.
Upcoming Training Dates
The following training classes are currently available for registration. Please contact us to enquire about other dates or to arrange for your own training event.
|Sept 23, 2020||Brisbane||Enquiries: 1300 795 227|
|Oct 13, 2020||Sydney||Enquiries: 1300 795 227|
|Oct 20, 2020||Brisbane||Enquiries: 1300 795 227|